Welcome to Pikeville, North Carolina, the “Gem of Wayne County.” Pikeville is a small half-square-mile community of 700 surrounded by rich farmland on the north-central coastal plain of North Carolina. We are located at the intersection of several major highways for north-south travelers (US 117 and I-795) and east-west travelers (NC 1002 and NC 1534). We are also a stone’s throw east of I-95, and a chip shot away from I-40. Raleigh/Durham is but a half-hour west. More than 9,000 people pass through Pikeville every day on their way to and from everywhere, including the Outer Banks and the Carolina beaches, as well as points west.
Pikeville is the only town immediately on I-795 between Goldsboro/Seymour Johnson AFB 9 miles to the south, and Wilson 19 miles north. The Wayne County Jetport is located less than 4 miles south of town, and in fact has a Pikeville address.
The town and surrounding area are rich with cultural history and sites of historic interest. Within a 10-mile radius, we have a wide variety of activity venues, including shopping, restaurants, specialty shops, and seasonal celebrations; in town, we also have quiet, quaint neighborhoods with affordable housing for growing families, empty nesters and retirees. As you travel this part of the country, we invite you to stop and spend some time discovering the peaceful charm of our small-town down-home community.
There are some important things to be aware of:
- The Pikeville Community Center is no longer available for rent as of November 2017. This building now serves as Town Hall and the police department.
- Town Hall meetings will now be held at 6pm. Keep an eye on our What's Happening feed on the homepage to see when the next meeting is!
- Town hall hours are 8:15am-5:00pm.
- We are starting to update account information. If you have had a change in mailing address or phone number, please feel free to give us a call or stop by so we can update that information in our system!
- If you would like to be notified when new minutes are posted from previous meetings, please fill out this form and you will be added to an email list.